Skip to main content

1 juni 2023 What A Guy

 

"I think I got it from Gaston. He used to work at the Shannon Airport."

        Ula said, "Sven, can you stop by 'ere sometime dis 'ere weekend so I can show you where Mike should mow? Thank you. Also, do you 'ave Mower Mike's phone number? I should call him meself, I'm t'inkin'. "

    Sven answered, "I got it 'ere in me 'ead, "Mower Mike: 218-469-something-something-something-something." (We can't be listing Mike's real phone number here for who knows what havoc that may create?)

    Ula replied, "You're right of course, but knowing Mower Mike, he would have a good time of it. He's a quick wit, that one."

    Sven, "You saying, 'e's a twit? Mike? Mike's a twit? Oh I dunno 'ow 'e'd take dat, you callin' 'im a twit an' all. 'e said 'e'd mow your yard when you were gone an' all, never 'esitated abit, 'im bein' me friend an' all-- an' there you go callin' 'im a twit. Dems fightin' words ... I'm shure 'e 'ad a whole udder yards to mow den da likes of yer scrawny weed patch."

    "Fee fonn! Sven!" I nevert called Mower Mike a twit!" Ula retorted. "I said, "'He's quick wit, that one.'" Don' be twistin' me words around, you tosser!

    "Bollocks! I 'eard you meself yust as shure as if'n I was standin' dere bes-ide you, Ula Josephson!" Sven texted, both of his thumbs hurriedly snappin' the keys of his cellphone teetering tweenst his forefingers.

"P.S. T'anks anyway for this cool Guinness bottle opener you gave me a couple years ago. Works pretty good."


Comments


  1. Venever da vife und I go away for awhile, Sven very graciously comes by several times to check on our place. He makes sure the plywood Rottweiler outline dogs are still standing and checks the quality of my beer supply. We wouldn't want the beer to get stale. Back in the old days he used to take care of the strawberry runners and manage our investments depending on market conditions but that didn't always work out. I don't blame Sven one bit, but he has been relieved of those duties.
    The lawn will need to be mowed once during our current absence in Massachusetts and Sven recommended his old friend Mike from the toy factory. I called Mike and he wanted to come over and look at our yard. I told Mike that wasn't necessary, because Sven would meet him at our place when he comes to show him the routine.
    I thanked Sven for his services and he said not at all and he sent a photograph of the Guinness bottle opener I had bought him at the Shannon Airport as a thank you for watching our place during a trip to Ireland.
    Sven refers to a Gaston in his photo caption. Now Gaston is a real TSA agent at Logan Airport in Boston. When Sven and I sailed from Maine to Boston with Captain Jerry Solom, there was a little diesel leak next to Sven's bunk. When we tried to board our flight back to Minnesota, Sven's pants set off Agent Gaston's alarms. Gaston was new on the job and he broke out his big chemical analysis kit. We almost missed our flight home.
    It was funny after we wrote about it in our little paper The Raven and I like to bring up the incident now and then as I did when Sven sent the photo, joking about Gaston once being a TSA agent in Ireland and giving me the Guinness opener after having taken it away from an traveler who had had too much to drink.

    Ula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that explanation. I'm sure our readers appreciated it.

      Delete
  2. As a total outsider, I'm scratching my head thinking this whole thing is a running joke. Ya?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment