Skip to main content

15 juni 2023 Stålbro

Steel Bridge

    I have to write down lists of what I want to achieve through the week if possible. I might write it down daily, adding to the original as I scratch completions off. Sometimes I accumulate lists; some grow, some shrink. Some never quite make the grade.

I had put two 8" wide by10' long steel I-beams across a narrow place in the creek many years ago that we used as a bridge. Over time beavers increased the water level and widened the creek causing the beams to eventually sink to the bottom where they've been forever after. Since water levels have greatly decreased since the beaver's absence, I rediscovered the beams and made plans to extract them.







    My four-wheeler came in handy, again.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. He could use dem to start a choo choo line into Vannaska. Yah!

      Delete
  2. You tell a story in pictures just as well as in words. What a maestro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe the hours I spent writing a completely different blogpost than this one. Floundering in the attempt, I switched to this story in frustration, managing to successfully render all the images as jpegs from videos, then go ahead and lose a whole paragraph integral to the story; I lacked the ambition to immediately retrieve it. Luckily, a picture, once again, is worth a thousand words. This was good enough.

      Delete
  3. Fun for us out of towners to see the water! As a fellow list maker, I have to ask: Are there 101 things to do with 8X10 I-beams?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to ask my daughter. She designs hospitals.

      Delete

Post a Comment