Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



Books are like buildings. Some are theaters, meant only for a visit. Some are cottages, good for a long stay. A few are palaces, for never-ending exploration. 



My weekday God is decaf

At Sunday mass I get caffeine 



The builders’ pal is gravity

G. takes no pay or cut

He does demand they keep his rule

And hold it in their gut



Ego, me-go

We all go

To my show



iPhone users got rid of their watches as redundant; which cleared a spot for the Apple Watch. 



No one can appreciate the strangeness of your dreams. 

So write them down in a dream journal. 

Hide the key under your pillow. 



The artist makes clear the things we didn’t realize are already affecting us. 



We buy our loved one a gift we want for ourselves. Then we’re annoyed when they’re using it when we want to borrow it. 



I leave my failures in the past, but when I turn to the future, there my failures sit, awaiting fine-tuning. Or dynamite. 



Let our shallowness be in the shallows where we mostly live, and our deeps be in the deep where we rarely go. Those who are deep in the shallows scare the fish away. 



Comments

Post a Comment