Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, June 4, 2024 Lord I was Born a Ramblin' Man

 According to some person on the world wide web, the following are the most famous people named June:

1.  June Carter Cash

Birth date: Sunday, June 23, 1929

Death date: Thursday, May 15, 2003


2.  June Foray

Birth date:  1917-09-18

Death death:  2017-07-26


3.  Deniece Williams  (June Deniece Williams)

Birth date:  1951-06-03

Not dead yet.  Could move to number 2 once she passes on.

As you can quickly tell there aren't many famous Junes.  But there are more famous Junes than Decembers.  I can't think of one person I know named December.  I can only think of one month named December as well.  

Which leads me to a joke that I heard, and maybe even told you before.  Did you notice how many towns are named after their water towers?  

Dodge City, just another town named after their water tower

Oh dear, is this one of those disjointed Almanac posts that Tuesday's are so famous for?  Is that why we constantly hear slamming of laptops and angry "I got out of bed for this!" shouts all over the Wannaskan metro area on Tuesdays?  The answer of course is yes.  I could have put commas in that last sentence but I chose not to in deference to commas and those who live by them!

Here are more disturbing thoughts guaranteed to make you wish you had stopped reading on Monday!

Water towers often resemble UFOs.  However, since they are stationary and touching the ground, they would just be called UO's.  Or UGO's.  

They look nothing at all like a water tower

After all our grass died we still had grasshoppers.  They jumped from dirt to rock to dust.  I renamed them clodhoppers.  

A former Canadian delicacy

Canadian chocolate is superior to American chocolate.  It is a fact.  Plus I was skinnier when I ate Canadian chocolate so it is obviously healthier.  Another thing is that I looked younger and felt better back then too.  American chocolate has ruined my life.

Poison for Canadians

Well, I must go back to fishing.  Perhaps the sun will refresh my brain.  I packed a Nestle Crunch though.  We will see what happens!



Comments

  1. I had a UGO once but it wouldn’t go, so it had to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for writing.I enjoyed reading a stream of consciousness that I could sort of make heads and tails from and didn't make me utter, "What the ....?" You well know what I didn't write here, from your Arctic Cat welder days, when sparks would fall into your boot laces, and through your socks to your feet, causing you to dance about the floor loudly uttering something similar. Thus, I may not grasp all of what you write about presently, but at least I get the hint. Good luck fishing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment