Skip to main content

San Diego Chill

Hello and welcome to a chill-y Saturday here at the Wannaskan Almanac. Today is June 22nd.

My latest adventure took me to (hot) Phoenix then across the desert and a mountain range to pleasant, very chill San Diego. Every person I have ever met during my lifetime raves about how wonderful San Diego is. Much like Prague, which is many people's favorite European city, it's more about how the place makes you feel than what it has to offer. San Diego and its surrounding communities have tons to offer - aquariums, arts, sports, and beach, beach, beach for miles - but its pièce de résistance is its chill energy.

San Diego gets many a hat tip from poets and literary lovers who try to explain the quintessence of this magic. Here are two examples I grabbed from a Google search.

typewriter troubadour writes: 

“Take me to a place where the sun always shines, so I may venture outside to find what makes my soul thrive. The beach heals my sadness the second I step onto the sands and I praise the day I was called to this land where a new adventure is about to begin." (Source)

And this San Diego Poem by Natarajan Ramaseshan

Go to San Diego, you go
Learn history of times long ago.
Where cultures Spanish-Mexican
Blend with trend that's American.
Pacific waters wash the shores
Singing paeans with waves that roars.
Eat and dine many a cuisine.
Dance and sing, the weather is fine.
The crown city of Coronado
Is travelers' new El-Dorado.
Old town market, peep into past
Step back in time, get yourself lost.
Quaint and queer, attractive and weird
Find yourself in a world unheard.
And forget not to see the zoo
Where rare animals in open air move.
Water flows down cliff-like rocks
Shrubs and trees border stony walks.
Not a mere zoo, a small jungle
Where flora and fauna mingle.
Lovely beaches, russet sunsets
A lifetime chance that any one gets.


My own words stay tucked in my mouth, the feelings still rolling like lazy marbles across an aged oak floor. I'm in no hurry - and, I think that's the point, this feeling of San Diego.



Comments

  1. San Diego has 159 craft breweries. No wonder it's chill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment