Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, December 20, 2022 Fitting Me For My Shawl

So it has come to this.  No, I am not talking about a clip show.  I am talking about the very last blog that I am writing as a pre-senior citizen.  That is right!  On December 26 I will become a senior citizen.  While that special moment is a distant memory to my colleagues here at the almanac, I am sure that they will welcome me into that golden ring of honor.
As I cross over that magical number of 55 I can only imagine how my life will change.  One thing that will happen is that I will now be able to have supper at 4 PM...and receive a nice discount on that meal at fancy restaurants like IHOP.  Then I will be able to head off to bed at 8 o'clock in order to avoid all those prime time tv shows that serve to get you all angried up before sleeping.  Then I can get a nice 4-5 hours of sleep before having to get up and go to the bathroom.  Talk about living the dream!
Easy to chew senior meals!

Some of the other things I look forward to is enjoying my new workout routine.  I am sure that I can find myself some new weights...I saw some cool 1.5 pound ones the other day at the thrift store.  They will work perfectly when I do my 5 minutes of jazzercise every morning.  Or every other morning if my sciatica is acting up.  Can't be too careful you know!  And seniors get a discount on jazzercise too!  The benefits keep on rolling in!  I was going to put in some pics of jazzercising seniors but the Almanac editors shut that down.
Anyway, it is almost 11 PM.  Gotta make use of those last couple of days of staying up late and acting young while I can.  I will see you all again next week...on the other side!


Comments

  1. People in the nursing home were always saying "The Golden Years! Fooey!" Of course the speaker would be around 85 years old and all played out.
    So the government moved old codger status back to 55 so people like Mr. Hot Coco could enjoy their Golden Years.
    Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment