Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



I was supposed to get rid of things that no longer brought me joy. But that didn’t feel right until I considered all the joy I was bringing the landfill. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


I have the submariner’s mentality: everything in its place. When I want to blow tanks and ascend from the deep, I’ll need that special wrench handy.  


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Dominant thought of youth: this will be fun. 

Of age: what can go wrong?


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


If you outlive your friends and don’t have kids, in the end it will be just you, the funeral director, and the rent-a-padre. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Technology is intimidating until we master it. Then we abuse it: “Keurig! Fetch my slippers.”


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Hope is our service animal through this dark passage. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Time plucks the petals from eternity’s flowers—He loves me, he loves me not. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


My friend begins each day with a series of sneezes. At first I held my “Bless you” till the end, but that seemed cold. So I learned to say Gesundheit in 23 different languages. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


For several centuries Western Civilization saw Islam as its greatest threat, until Communism came along. Islam has now been given back top spot. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


If stuff falls out when you open the fridge door, give thanks to God for your cornucopia of blessings. Unless the bean pot slides out and breaks. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Comments

Post a Comment