Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, July 18, 2023 Famous First

Christopher Columbus.  John Glenn.  Jackie Robinson.   Mr. Hot Coco.

That is right.  You will soon be able to read about me in all kinds of places such as wikipedia or the Wannaskan Almanac.  I recently was the first person to do something very special.  The town of Warroad just put in a new dock at their boat launch, and I was the first person to launch and tie up to it.  

That kind of honor will certainly put me in some rare company.  I supposed I won't have time to hang out with my old friends anymore.  I will be rubbing shoulders with people like Elon Musk and Coco the Masseuse.  All those people who used to hang out with me will be able to say, "I knew him back when..."

Maybe you don't believe me.  I actually have a photo, which was ironically enough the prize for being the first to launch.  Nothing beats a selfie with unknown construction workers!  I am sure it was the thrill of their lives!

That fan club will surely grow over time

Will notoriety and fame drag me away from writing for the almanac?  You wish.  Fame for being the first customer at a new McDonald's didn't stop me from writing.  Fame for being wanted for indecent exposure to a DNR officer didn't dissuade me.  I will write on until the last of my readers is finally offended enough to switch over to the Palmville Periodical.  Then I will just sail away...from that dock where I was...first!



Comments

  1. As you enjoy your celebrity status, please don’t forget your old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and good to hear your intention of commitment here. I look forward to the laughs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment