Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



Ninety-nine per-cent of all species that have ever existed are now extinct. The chance that the memory of any individual Homo sapiens will survive is much worse. 

Enjoy your stay. 



There is no instant replay in life, but at the next chance we have to screw up, memory’s replay will encourage us to do things differently.  



There are people who, if the will alone could accomplish it, would make this world a paradise. And others who would reduce it to a cinder.  



Our true face is towards the eternal sun, which blinds us, so we face towards the shadows and  grope our way along. 



Northern Ireland is Ireland’s Crimea. 



Men can’t be victims of mansplaining because they never listen. 



I want to die on a day that will cause my loved ones neither shock nor relief. 

Please note: Today and tomorrow are off the table. 



The universe is a fire hydrant of endless diversity. We are the wrenches that can open it wider, or reduce it to a trickle.



The present gobbles up the future, altering the hard copy of this moment, then leaving it in the dustbin of the past. 



Hanging around the solstice these days, I see little of my winter friend the moon.  

Comments

  1. Enjoy your stay, indeed! That is if you ever get here in the first place.
    Sun and shadows - parallels the dark poet. Gobbles and dustbin also echo the dark poet
    No worries. Ms. Moon abides and is taking a rest.
    I disagree with men not listening - I have one that is a superb listener and I can always get his beloved attention

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teapoetry here; still in Sicily. I must say you are in fine fiddle here, sir! Love the wench metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I meant wrench

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment