Skip to main content

Lucky Bob and Flo

Hello and welcome to a pre-Independence Day Saturday here at the Wannaskan Almanac. Today is July 1st. Our family is en route to the Czech Republic. Today's reflection comes from my mom. Happy Saturday, peeps!

Kim recently reminded me of a blog post from March 23rd, 2019, where she mentioned me and showed my picture next to hers. I’ve been thinking about how much I’ve enjoyed visiting Wannaska land over the years.

I consider myself a Minnesota lake girl. It started around age 5. My parents and grandparents had lake cabins and/or resorts in central Minnesota. At an early age, I learned to swim, fish off the dock, and paddle a boat.

As an adult, I had a lake cabin plus enjoyed fishing in Northern Minnesota including Lake of the Woods. My husband and I enjoyed being “up north” including trips to Warroad over the 4th of July to see the town’s parade and fireworks.

In Kim’s post, she talked about my frogs. I’m including a picture of two special frogs. Their names are Lucky Bob and Florence or “Flo” as in “go with the flow.” They were purchased in Apache Junction, Arizona, where my mother wintered after she retired.

They serve as a reminder of the love of family from Minnesota to Arizona and back. May your day be filled with love and remember F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God).

F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God)


Comments

  1. Who is the author of this post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NVM! I didn’t read close enough. My bad

      Delete
  2. I did not know the story of Bob and Flo. Love itπŸ’šπŸΈπŸΈπŸ’š

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment