Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



The earth is like a carny ride

Spinning round the sun

We’re parasitic microbes there

Yes, we are having fun



To uncover our dark side, psychologists recommend boxing with our shadow self. 

We shouldn’t beat ourselves up, nor should we use kid gloves either. 



As prompt mail delivery declines in importance, federal holidays will continue to proliferate.



The road to salvation is narrow

Not a bad thing at all

Thank God there's even a path 

‘Twixt the mount’s cliff and rock wall



People not your mother will tell you you’ve grown skinny. 

Thinness is a virtue, obesity, a sinny. 



When I read a first-person novel I wonder how the narrator can remember so much detail. If the novel is a good one, I don’t care how she remembers. If bad, I soon see the bones of the formula sticking out. 



Meditation does not expect our inner shark to stop swimming and die, but only to pause its blood lust for awhile. 



We say a description we dislike is a mere caricature. But a police artist's caricature can help catch a thief. 



The narrow path to Heaven and the broad highway to perdition often cross and sometimes run together. That’s where ways and heads are lost. 



As we are made fat by food in excess

So my brain grows obese on the web I confess


Comments

  1. Congrats on posting amid the convergence. My two favs are the meditation squib, and the obese web. Both are truisms, but the latter is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally a niece lets me know when I am getting to heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEaPoetry says yay again, too. Love the pause on blood lust.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment