Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



If your occupation is labor intensive, let it be a labor of love. 



Those 13 million results I get for my casual internet search: Did some low wage drudge code them all in one by one?


The real cause of the collapse of the Roman Empire was one too many federal holidays. 



We’re forever coddling the body then disciplining it. Too much of one leads to obesity, of the other, to madness. 



The erosion of memory creates a similar erosion of the ground under one’s feet. 



Retirement is your last sabbatical. 

Use it wisely. 



The superego supposedly keeps the id and all its passions in check. 

The fox does a better job guarding the chickens. 



The less I play games, the more I enjoy them when I finally cast the die. 



If God won’t prohibit my foolishness, let him at least foreshadow the disasters it will entail. 



The hoarder rents more and more storage units, while increasing his cloud storage by the terabyte. 

Comments

  1. Some day I hope you do a post that invites us into your process of opening up to and capturing your squibs. Perhaps you should find a lab that wants to posthumously examine your brain.
    Do you think there is any correlation between squib writing and a regular consumption of homemade pizza?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment