I miss my dog. I miss that little hate filled, angry, and always ready to annoy everyone little chihuahua.
I miss my ability to read without glasses. I can't even look at my computer anymore without experiencing letter blindness.
I miss my grandmas...both of them. They were full of wit and vinegar...usually more vinegar than wit.
I miss skinny jeans. I don't even think they make skinny jeans in my sive. They would be called fat jeans.
I miss excitement...now I just wake up one day closer to the grave with something new hurting every morning.
I miss typewriters. Not computers, or electric typewriters, but real manual typewriters. The click of the keys, the little bell letting you know it is time to get ready to hit that silver return handle.
I miss gardens. I hate to hoe. I hate to weed. I hate to wait while plants grow so slowly. But still, I miss gardens.
I miss the river that I grew up next to. That never ending surge of water swirling by, filled with fish and dead things. Always a mystery what was floating by.
| The mighty Rainy River |
I miss someone else making decisions. Even little decisions like what do I want for supper seem draining anymore. I used to walk in and Mom had already decided. And it was good!
I miss Christmas at the grandparents house. Every relative fit in, we ate like wolves, and nobody talked politics.
I miss eating what I want and not having weight and gas problems.
I miss forests and silence. That was my refuge.
What do you all miss?
Comments
Post a Comment