The Palmville Globe Volume 2 Number 32
Man Assists Surveyors
Joe McDonnell, 79 and a resident of Palmville Twp, Minnesota recently helped a surveyor meet his quota. "My wife and I were trying to decide if we were going to wait in a long line for an expensive egg roll on a stick," McDonnell tells reporters. "The egg roll was supposed to be one of the hot new items at the state fair, but we were discouraged by the price of the egg roll and the length of the line. Meanwhile a young man asked if we would take a short survey on why prices were high and lines were long at the fair. By the time we finished the survey, we were at the head of the line and almost automatically ordered two egg rolls." In a later report McDonnell says the egg rolls were "pretty good”. He said he had to keep pushing the egg roll up as he ate so he didn't gag on the stick.
Man Tries New Umami Taste
Joe McDonnell, 79 and not at all a foodie, recently tried a new "essence of deliciousness." As McDonnell tells the press, "I had wanted to try fish sauce for many years but didn't want to buy a whole bottle in case I didn't like it. My wife and I were recently at a southeast Asian food stand and there were little packets of fish sauce so I took one for my food. It was amber colored and tasted like a sweet and sour sauce with no flavor. Fish sauce in my mind should be salty and savory. I found out later that this was how it tasted straight from the bottle. The packet I got at the food stand was the dipping sauce version, diluted with water, sugar and possibly lime juice though I didn't taste any lime." In a follow-up email McDonnell notes he enjoyed his meal despite not getting true fish sauce. "I'll keep looking," he says.
Squib Cellar
The rich don't go hungry in a famine, though it irritates them to have cook their supper over burning banknotes.
American supermarkets are full of food, a third of which we throw away.
In poor countries, a third of all food never makes it to market due to poor storage, poor transport, and thieves.
He went big
Now he's in debt
I went home
Without a regret
For a balanced life, decide if you’ll lean toward a happy laziness or toward miserable ambition. Then marry someone leaning the opposite way.
We recognize we’re committing a sin so we give our sin a good whack.
Then the ball's in God’s court.
Hospital ERs should provide loaner phone charging cords for people waiting for their loved ones to be seen.
Comments
Post a Comment