Skip to main content

Sunday News

 


The Palmville Globe Volume 2 Number 35


 Man Replaces Gasket

Joe McDonnell. 79 and a resident of Palmville Twp, Minnesota, recently replaced the gasket in the door of his wood stove. "Actually, I failed to replace the gasket, because I ordered the wrong gasket," he tells the press. "And before that, the gasket cement was old and rock hard so I looked for some in town but the stores in town didn't have high temperature cement so I ordered it online. When I cemented the gasket in place, I was unable to close the door because the gasket was too thick. I am now searching for thinner gasket material and will try again later. Fortunately, the temperature outside has remained warmer than average." In a follow up email McDonnell writes that he found enough of the correct material in his shop and the stove door closes now." It was my bad for trusting AI to find the right gasket size," he admits.


Man Caulks Window

Joe McDonnell, 79 and an amateur pest controller, recently put rope caulking around a  window screen. "Every autumn we have beetles trying to get into our house," McDonnell tells reporters. "Once inside the house, they fly in front of the TV distracting us from our show. My wife thinks they come in an upstairs window which we have to leave open a crack in the winter to let moisture escape. My wife suggested I squeeze caulking into the gaps around the screen to prevent the beetles from getting to the cracked-open window. I could not find rope caulk in town so I ordered it online. The caulking went in the gaps around the screen easily and I am keeping a lookout for beetles in the house."



Squib Cellar 


Memory is a rear view mirror full of images that will fade but never erase.



When a project is soon due, it’s much better to have a bad draft needing lots of work than a blank sheet of paper.



A rough draft for a writer is like a potholed gravel road around a road block.



Men are encouraged to get in touch with their feminine side. But women are never told to get in touch with their masculine side. Who knows where that might lead. 



The concentration camps of each culture are purpose-built. Germany’s were to rid the country of "undesirables". Ours exist to manage personal and national debt.



For the drinker trying to quit: the first drink removes the top rung of the barrier. The second drink takes down the second rung, and after that the bottom rung is ready to be tripped over.

Comments

  1. If you want to know more about the task for both men and women getting in touch with their anima (feminine side of men) and animus (masculine side of women), I recommend the book named Invisible Partners, by John Sanford. My favorite therapist used to say, "Don't ask your husband to be the man that you are. And don't ask him to be the woman that you are either."
    This is an important reality. and discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment