Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



There’s all kinds of courage: from the facing down of the lion, to burrowing under the lake bottom till the spring rains return. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Let others pass me on the way to the mountaintop. That’s fine. I fear only being overtaken by night. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Gigantic restaurant portions lead either to obesity or to additional waste when we throw away the leftovers in the take-home containers. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


All American history leads up to the Civil War. We continue to this day to clear out the snipers and the dead enders. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


I don’t insist that my friend be on the same page as me politically. But we should both inhabit the same three dimensions. Socially distanced of course. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


When it’s time to have fun I cannot say no.

When work time returns, the others can row.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


We cannot avoid old age and decline

We do have a say if it’s steep or benign 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


One member should enjoy arguing to keep the marriage lively. The other should hate it to avoid hyperventilation. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


If you’ve learned to operate all your host’s appliances, it’s time for you to leave. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


In real life I’m always letting the world down. 

In dreams it’s always the world that’s shifting under my feet.

Comments