Skip to main content

Thursday, July 25, 2019

                               Jerry Solom 1945-2019

 






I haven't much to say today, as I've lost one of my closest friends in the world on Tuesday evening: Jerry Solom of Wannaska, Mn, who died at Mayo from heart complications, ending the last fight for his too short life of 73 years.

Jackie and I are very tender toward one another this morning as each of us mourn his loss in our own way, here, where we are presently on Wednesday, in Mounds View, visiting Jackie's mother, who had suffered a fall at her nursing home, at the age of 96.

Receiving the news that Jerry had chosen hospice, it was a matter of a short time before we got the call from Marion, Jerry's wife, that Jerry was gone, something, that just in the simple action of writing it on this document, just now, I am quite suddenly moved to tears. 

I spent the whole night experiencing hundreds of snapshots of him in my head. 

Such is life ...

Comments

  1. Steve, so, so sorry for your loss. Through your stories, I learned what a wonderful character and person Jerry was. My heart goes out to you. Catch all the memories and hold them dearly to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends can fill out our families. Jerry certainly did that for many of us. I join you and Jackie in your mourning. May your grieving include all the adventures you shared with Jerry, on sea and on land. CS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment