Skip to main content

The 23rd of July, 2019 Edition of the Wannaskan Almanac

I am bored.  Summer is dragging on like a dragon dragging its molten behind.  I will give you a couple of facts about today and then move on to something light.
July 23 is the 204th day of the year.  There are 161 days left in 2019.
The average high temperature in Tempe, Arizona on July 23 is 106 degrees.
The average low temperature in Tampa Bay, Florida on July 23 is 76 degrees.
Tempe and Tampa are not related in any manner...well, maybe by marriage.
On this day in 1798 Napoleon Bonaparte captured Alexandria, Egypt.  He never was able to capture Tempe or Tampa, a fact which he is most remembered for.
July 23 is "Hot Enough For You Day".  Make sure you don't celebrate like a nerd.
Which obviously means we are moving on to something light.  Today I have scoured social media, looking for the top funny posts that my circle of friends have shared.  Enjoy!
(Okay, I confess!  I wrote that one.  Narcissist!)
The editors grilled me over using that one.
Wait...my wife and daughter are Kansans.  Better put on a hard hat!
That one kind of blew me away.
Miss Roseau County will not help you.
Have a great day...if you have a favorite funny from social media, won't you share it with us?  Virtual pat on the back for ones that make me laugh!


Comments

  1. Joe McDonnell has a photograph featured on today's Wiktel homepage: https://wiktel.com/
    Photo title: Lizzy's Mushroom Patch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading The Motherhood Affidavits in which Lizzie Borden gets an honorable mention.

    If you go to my Facebook author page and scroll down about 6 posts, you'll find a video with a plethora of puns on a billboard in front of a motel in Colorado. I think you would appreciate them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment