Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs with Joe McDonnell




I want my morning cup of joe to give me a buzz, but not such a buzz I can't hear what my brain's telling me to do.

We make a big deal of miracle cures, but pass over the miracle that we don't get sick in the first place.

I am comforted that my toilet paper rack holds two rolls. But really, I'm only postponing the inevitable.

Biblical revelation ended with John on the island of Patmos. Personal revelation ends with the last heartbeat.

When asked the secret of our longevity, many of us might mention our carefully cultivated cowardice.

I get all anxious fearing I'll miss opportunities. When I relax, opportunities drift by untaken, as I sit on the couch sipping my tea.

Comments

  1. As ever, representing the sense and sensibility of Palmville Township.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just getting around to my Almanac reading. You have some gems this time - as usual.
    I think the 2-roll TP scene is a metaphor for life lived throwing all caution to the netherlands
    The Patmos squib is worthy of my own dark tones
    Opportunities, like good desserts , should be taken whenever they present themselves, but portion size is critical lest we balloon with excess calories and/or one's just deserts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment