Skip to main content

The Wannaskan Almanac for July 16, 2019

It is the middle of July.  It is pretty much the middle of summer.  The root of the word middle is medi, a Latin word which means middle.  Medi appears in many words such as medieval, mediocre, medium, and medical emergency.
The Middle East is a region made up of an area in Asia, Africa, and Europe.  These continents all meet in one spot and that location is called the Middle East.  It includes countries such as Turkey, Israel, Afghanistan, and Egypt.  It is an area that is rich in tradition, history, and religion.
The Midwest is a completely different story.  The Midwest is made up of 12 states in the USA.
Strangely enough, these twelve states seem to be more eastern than western.  Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Illinois are quite a bit closer to the east coast then they are to the west.  It might seem logical to call them Mideast states but I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.  Us Midwesterners have to stick together.  
I am a middle child.  My wife is a middle child.  We sympathize with all the middle children out there.  As far as I know, there has never been parents discussing about how they need to focus on their middle child.  There actually is a Middle Child Day, but it is never celebrated because people keep forgetting about it.  The good thing is that you can always say that you are the child that your parents planned for.  

It isn't all bad being a middle child though.  I spent years in jail and my parents never even noticed!  
Okay, I wasn't in jail.  And all that stuff above was just for comedic purposes.  Please don't contact my mom and tell her that I was in jail.  
The middle ages is period of time in Europe between the 5th and 15th centuries.  
Middle age is a time in life between the ages of 45-65.  Before that you are young.  After that you are old.  
Middle-Earth is the land where the Lord of the Rings is set.  The movie was filmed in New Zealand for the most part.  It would have made more sense to film it in the Midwest or Middle East.  New Zealand seems to be on the edge to me.  
The middle finger is located between the index finger and the ring finger.  It is used for typing mostly.  The left middle finger types the letters e,d,and c.  The right middle finger is used for typing the I, k, and ,.  Proper typing will help you drive better.  I know this because whenever I make a mistake driving people remind me about typing correctly by showing me their middle fingers.  I am not sure how these two things are related but I can't think of any other thing you do with that finger.  
Anyway, this is not the middle of this post, it is the end.  Thanks for reading!



Comments

Post a Comment