Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs


The world's a big funhouse with mirrors, they say.
With an office in front where we entrees must pay.

Jesus put himself in Judas' hands to reopen heaven.
When we give power to the wrong people, we close the gates of hell behind us.

When trying to start my winter fire, I wish for a moment that the snow would burn. A thought that would turn Smokey's hair white.

Some places you want to revisit. For others, a trip down memory lane will do.
The third group you'd gladly pay never to have been to at all.

French is an intricate clock; if one piece is missing it won't go.
Spanish is a sundial; close is good enough.

As my mind flies outward to the furnaces of space,
My soul pulls a chair closer to the fireplace.

@jmcdonnell123


Happy Saint Patrick's Day, my friends!


Comments

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Live the squibs today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I really liked that Squib! Thanks. Gretchen M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I am a wannabe language-phile, I especially liked your French and Spanish squib. Maybe the difference has something to do with sunshine, eh? JPSavage

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment