Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, March 26, 2019

March is rapidly deteriorating.  Soon it will be April.  That is what the old timers used to say.  In honor of old people (like my co-writers) I am proud to announce "Back in my Day-Day".  This day is to celebrate all the people who lie awake at night dreaming about the good old days.  Here are some of the best "Back in my Day" quotes that I could find.
Back in my day we had social networking...it was called go outside and play!
Back in my day we stalked people with binoculars...not Facebook.
Back in my day we walked fifteen miles to school...in the snow...uphill...both ways...560 days per year!

Back in my day, we couldn't afford shoes, so we went barefoot. In the winter we had to wrap our feet with barbed wire for traction.
Back in my day we didn't have MTV or in-line skates, or any of that stuff. No, it was 45s and regular old metal-wheeled roller skates, and the 45s always skipped, so to get them to play right you'd weigh the needle down with something like quarters, which we never had because our allowances were too small, so we'd use our skate keys instead and end up forgetting they were taped to the record player arm so that we couldn't adjust our skates which didn't really matter because those crummy metal wheels would kill if you hit a pebble anyway, and in those days roads had real pebbles on them, not like today.
Back in my day, we didn't have no rocks. We had to go down to the creek and wash our clothes by beating them with our heads.
Back in my day, we didn't have dogs or cats. All I had was Silver Beauty, my beloved paper clip.
Back in my day, we didn't have hand-held calculators. We had to do addition on our fingers. To subtract, we had to have some fingers amputated.
Back in my day we didn’t have auto correct.  We spelled it all wrong and were as happy as could bee.
Back in my day, we didn't have virtual reality. If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.



Back in my day, Chairman Joe was just a stump.  And we all sat on that stump and we were glad!  Btw..happy birthday Chair Man Joe. 
Would you like to win a virtual pat on the back?  Comment below with your back in my day quote.  One lucky winner will be like totally virtually patted on the back!

Comments

  1. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! THANKS FOR THE FIRST GOOD LAUGH OF MY DAY!!
    HOOYAH!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment