Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, September 3, 2024 The Labor Day Blues



Waking up after that extra day

Got sunburned and wet in rain

Feeling low down, I'm blue


Last night by the campfire

One more day was the desire

I've got enough booze for it, yeah


Couldn't wait for Labor Day, a hey, a hey

I've sat down, and could have stayed

For one more Labor Day


The alarm clock will ring

Remind us of that workplace thing

Work drags you down with a noose

Oh


Punch the clock to record time

Came in late a little behind

Work is just made for the blues


And I've got the blues for work

And I've got the blues for work

And I'll bust my butt years for you

And I'll get stressed and worn out too

I'm going to wear my uniform just for you

Thanks Labor Day for the three day weekend

Fourth day in the morning, late, well

I'm wringing my life out for you



Comments

  1. Even before I found the Stones song at the end, the lament came through loud and clear. Sorry for your pain. Hope you enjoyed those marshmallows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids at the bus stop
    First day of school
    They have good reason
    For singing the blues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: parents told me their kids were excited to go back to school.

      Delete

Post a Comment