Skip to main content

Teeth

Hello and welcome to a *finally* snowy Saturday here at the Wannaskan Almanac. Today is January 13th.

Hi, everybody, it's been awhile since I last posted a blog about what's happened to me. Not much has happened to me lately, so that's pretty much the problem. But, this. Is the story. Of how. I lost 3 teeth in one day.

So one day I was at school, at Allied Arts, in the morning of Thursday (two days ago). One tooth was supposed to get pulled next week on Wednesday. Right at the beginning of Allied Arts, my Allied Arts teacher told me I needed to go to the office. I was confused, but I did it anyway. And then when I came out of the room, my teacher told me that my tooth was getting pulled. So I went to my locker and grabbed my coat.

I went to the office and my mom was there waiting for me. I asked her, "Is my tooth getting pulled today?" to make sure it was true. My mom explained to me how it was supposed to be next week on Wednesday, but it was happening Thursday because it was quiet at the dentist's office and Wednesday would just be really hard to fit it in the schedule. (Mom note: The dentist's office had cancellations due to the snow, so they called and asked if we'd like to move the appointment up from Wednesday to Thursday since they had so many cancellations. And, yes, it was a quiet day, thanks to the weather.)

On the way there, my mom kept telling me it was so cold outside because I only had my coat on and I was like, "Mom, it's okay." But she kept complaining until we got to the dentist's office. When we got there, she dropped me off at the front door and parked the car while I went inside. They said hi to me while I waited for my mom.

My mom got inside and registered me in. I was very nervous. I thought it would hurt. The dentist got me and we went in the dentist room. She put a pink thing on my nose and told me to breathe in. She always puts sunglasses on me otherwise the light would get on me.

Then my mom and the dentist talked for awhile. And then another dentist came in. She put some jelly in my mouth and then she pinched it so the novocaine could work. They washed my mouth. Then we waited. I think I waited for about five minutes. (Antonin note: It felt like days.)

Finally it was time.

They didn't pull it out all together. They broke it into pieces. I didn't know that the tooth came out after it happened. It felt like something was pulling on my tooth, but it didn't hurt except for the part when they had to pull out just one last little piece.

But they didn't take one out. They didn't take three out. They didn't take four out. They took two out. And they didn't even tell me they would take two out! But apparently, the second tooth had to be pulled out too. The second tooth was right next to the other tooth that was going to be pulled out.

They let me pick two prizes from the treasure chest. I chose a bouncy ball and a little skateboard thingy. We went back to the main area of the dentist's office and my mom registered me out. My mom asked if I wanted to go back to school or stay with my mom and I chose stay with my mom. Because they put a cotton thingy in my mouth so I wouldn't bite my cheek, I didn't want to go back to school because I couldn't run and I couldn't eat very much.

We went back to the school so I could say goodbye to my class, get my homework, and pack up for the day. I left and then went to my house to pick up some stuff. We drove to where my mom works and we settled there. My mom kept doing her job while I was munching on some ice cream and drinking some hot chocolate. My teeth were feeling fine.

I was munching on some carrots with hummus and I had a wiggly tooth. It was right next to my two bottom teeth on the right. I ate one carrot; the tooth wiggled very loose. I ate another carrot - the tooth came out!

It didn't hurt when it came out. I was so shocked! I was not expecting two teeth to come out and I really wasn't expecting three teeth to come - all in one day!

But that's not the end.

My mom told me that I could do a security training with her that was like a video game. It was about a fish named Phil and we got through Phase 1 and Phase 2 and then my brother Luke came and picked me up. I said bye to my mom. I came home, did all my homework, got into my pajamas, played on my mom's computer, and had dinner (for dinner it was meat). I put my teeth in a little tooth container the shape of a tooth. I put it by my bed. And guess what?! The tooth fairy didn't even come.

Today's Saturday and the tooth fairy STILL didn't come! I'm really disappointed about that. I hope that it comes tomorrow. I'll probably get 75 cents. (Every tooth's a quarter.) With the other tooth I lost just before Christmas - that's also twenty-five cents. So, in all, I might get a dollar.



Comments

Post a Comment