Skip to main content

Squibs

 

The three stages of enlightenment: Phase 1: I am enlightened. Phase 2: I am about to be enlightened. Phase 3: Enlightenment? What’s that about?


You made your bed and now you must sleep in it. Is that a caution or an invitation?


My devices are all intuitive, but not to me. What I intuit is a cozy fire, a hot dinner, and a warm hearted host. 


If the poor had our money they’d squander it. But eventually they’d fix up the house, get their teeth straightened, and become as arrogant as us. 


Marriage is a school for sainthood. Some play hooky. Others go AWOL. Few graduate. 


Half my dreams are of worlds I wouldn’t mind living in. The other half are too similar to the one I currently inhabit. 



Chairman Joe 






Comments

  1. We can oblige on all three requirements in SQ #3

    My fav this week: " The three stages of enlightenment: Phase 1: I am enlightened. Phase 2: I am about to be enlightened. Phase 3: Enlightenment? What’s that about?"

    However, as the Zen practitioners see it, Phase 1 is repeated after Phase 3, as in enlightenment is already hear; just rip away the obscurations and you will see it's true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment