Skip to main content

WAKWIR: Mother's Day Edition

Welcome, everybody, to the Mother's Day edition of the blog! Written by the one and only WAKWIR and I have a story for EVERYBODY!! A few weeks ago, after I had gotten my school work done, I decided to make a double decker fort. Now, you are probably wondering: Hey David, what is a double decker fort? Ah. I'm glad you asked! A double decker fort is a type of fort with two layers. The cool, dark bottom layer, and the Ultra-Cool Top layer with a chair on top. Within the first two days of building it, I had already made about three modifications to it. Now, from my mom’s recent posts, you probably know that I had fallen into a virtual hole which is a kind of hole where you don’t do your school work for two or three weeks in a row and then you have about 30 or 40 assignments that are late. I will say all good things because one, my older sister made a lot of compromises that helped me get stuff done, and you probably heard this from my mom, but I have pretty darn awesome teachers. So you may now be like: Hey, David, so, how did you get your work done? Three answers.

1.One of my sister’s “compromises” was to “temporarily” take my phone.
2. My personal computer broke, so I had to use a school Chromebook.
3. I had no other entertainment source but to crack open my Lego storage and to finally build all of my Lego sets.

The first night I was building my Legos, I built my Lego Forest Police Station set, which took me about eight or nine hours to build, NOT because it was a big set, but because I haven't built it in about four or five years. Now, I learned two things while building Legos when you have work to do. One, Legos don’t do the work for you. Two, Legos sometimes aren't fun when a Lego piece can be in 18 different spots in the house. Building Legos can get pretty tedious. And yes, that is the reason I stayed up till four in the morning building my Police Station set. Now, I did finally get my homework done after using the whole next week for work days. Once I finished, I learned how to do a backflip on our trampoline, and I can now do a thorough, well-placed backflip. Now (to me) the best part about this last week.

Star Wars Day - May the 4th

Literally the best day of the year. (So far.) Lego just released a new Ultimate Collectors Series A-Wing, a ship known by a lot of Star Wars nerds, and it was selling for “only” $200. Now for UCS Lego sets that is pretty cheap considering that the most expensive Lego set is the Super Star Destroyer, which is about $1,000. And, of course, Star Wars day was the day when the last episode of Clone Wars Season 7 came out. Yeah. Once I fix my computer and get it back from my parents, (Did I mention it was taken from my possession?) I'll have to download Season 7 because, apparently, it’s a very intense season. I’m excited.

The past week, our family has been getting lunch from the school. Everyone in our family has been taking shifts getting lunch. My older brother and I have been getting lunch the past week and we started to listen to the Eagles Greatest Hits CD. Now, if you’re uneducated like me, the Eagles were a very awesome rock band that was awesome in the Seventies. Of course, I learned this in due time, but it’s surprising how many of their songs I know like Hotel California and Lyin’ Eyes.

So, yeah, that’s all I can think of for this week! All I know right now, is that I’m very tired because I was up until one in the morning playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga with my brother, and I had to get up at about 6:30 this morning so I could write! I only got about 5 and a half hours of sleep. The healthy life decisions of David!

Anywho, that’s all for this week, and see y’all...I don’t really know when I’ll next write.

By the way, Happy Mother’s Day to my mom. She’s awesome.

David
Aka
Wannaskan Almanac Kid Writer-In-Residence
Aka
WAKWIR



On This Day

Historic Highlights (credits)

2012 - The brand-new Sukhoi Superjet 100 plane crashes
The regional jet was the first airliner produced in Russia since the end of the USSR in 1991. The doomed flight was a demonstration tour carrying potential customers. All 45 people on board perished in the crash, which was caused by pilot error.

1997 - Pete Peterson becomes the first U.S. ambassador to visit Vietnam after the end of the war
Peterson, a Vietnam veteran, devoted himself to promoting reconciliation between the two countries. About 2.5 million Vietnamese, most of them civilians, were killed during the war.

1979 - Iranian Jewish businessman Habib Elghanian is executed
An Islamic revolutionary tribunal had convicted him of “contacts with Israel and Zionism” and “friendship with the enemies of God”. His execution triggered a Jewish mass exodus from Iran.

1969 - Carlos Lamarca begins his fight against Brazil's military dictatorship
Lamarca was a member of the communist organization Vanguardia Popular Revolucionária (VPR) and is well known for his urban guerilla actions. Brazilian forces killed him in 1971.

1960 - The first birth control pill is approved
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that it would add birth control as a new indication for the drug “Enovid”.

Happy Birthday to You!🎶 


1949 - Billy Joel, American singer-songwriter, pianist

1934 - Alan Bennett, English actor, screenwriter, author

1921 - Sophie Scholl, German student, activist

1837 - Adam Opel, German engineer, founded the Opel Company

1800 - John Brown, American activist

Remembering You

2012 - Vidal Sassoon, English/American hairdresser

1986 - Tenzing Norgay, Nepalese mountaineer

1976 - Ulrike Meinhof, German journalist, activist

1805 - Friedrich Schiller, German poet, playwright, historian

1707 - Dieterich Buxtehude, German/Danish organist, composer


Build Legos, watch Star Wars, listen to the Eagles, and make it a great Saturday!

Kim


Comments

  1. Excellent! Well worth the wait. Glad you got all caught up. You should treat yourself to a Collectors Series A-Wing Starfighter for a job well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment