Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs



Whenever I screw up I offer my sincerest analogies: “It was like, George’s fault.”

Self-analysis leaves us wrestling with a cast off jacket, while our true self slips down an alleyway. 

The pessimist believes everything is getting worse. The optimist thinks he can find the good old stuff in a rummage store, slightly used and cheap too.

I spend so much time reading on-line reviews that both my enthusiasm and my dinner cool to the two star level.

Are you creating space junk by loving someone to the moon and not back again?

                                                   @jmcdonnell123


Comments

  1. A free verse poem with a line for first thoughts from each squib:

    Costanza
    shrinks
    whether the pool be half empty or half full
    because the water is cool
    under the silvery slip of a waxing crescent moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Are you starting a Sunday Squibs challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm conflict-averse.

    I was simply moved to write - inspired by your array of squib topics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment