Skip to main content

Antonin Goes to the Fair

Hello and welcome to a super hot Saturday here at the Wannaskan Almanac. Today is July 27th.

Hello, as you all know, the fair was this week, so that's what we're gonna talk about.

You may be thinking, "It's probably just going to be a normal fair explanation." But, no. It was much more than that. And even my mom would agree. It was pretty hard.

Tuesday - Tuesday was the day we got to the fair. When my sister and I got our weekly wristbands (so we could go on all the rides all week), we jumped for joy and went off to ride some rides. That was really fun. We went on the Sizzler, the Soarin'; there was a mirror maze, and my sister made me go on a dragon coaster and that was not fun because when we were going down the little bump, the bar hit my stomach and it really hurt.

My mom gave us $20 (total) every day to spend. And on the first day, we spent it all on games. So that was not fun and we didn't have dinner that day. So on Tuesday we learned our lesson not to do too many games.

Wednesday - Wednesday we went on some rides. I rode the pirate ship. The pirate ship is where you swing back and forth and it's really fun. It swings so high your stomach flips. I hung out with my friends because I saw them there. We went on a kind of ride called Superhero Training. It was a ride where you had to climb a tarp-y thing. The kids were going so slow on the thing, so I climbed on the wall and it was pretty funny because the kids were in front of me, but then I got in front of them. On that day, my sister and I basically spent all of our money on drinks. What I learned is: Don't spend your money on too many drinks.  

Thursday - On Thursday, I rode a ride that was really tall. It was called "The Rocket." The rocket was very - and I mean very - scary. I felt it was very unsecure. We were swinging back and forth and we went in a complete circle. My least favorite part was when we hung upside down for a long time. The moment I got off, I was like, "I'm not going on that again."

We went to a comedy stunt show. It was called Fisherman Dan's Comedy Stunt Show and it was funny. He did tricks. He rode a 7-foot unicycle. That was fun. There was also a bike trick show. My favorite trick was when they jumped over a person sitting on a chair.

On Thursday, my sister also went to Laketrails. I'm alone now, but my oldest brother is here now so that's good.

We had a reasonable lunch. I had nachos and my sister had a hot dog. That cost $10. We got a drink which was $4 and we shared it. After that, we had $6 left so we spent it on ice cream. So we think we did better on that one.

Friday - I basically spent the entire day with my sister's friend's siblings. I rode the Fireball, not once, not 4 times, not 5 times, not 2 times, but 3 times. At first, it was scary. The second time it was fun-scary. And the third time it was fun. Three times the charm! I played a game which was $5. I bought a bracelet and 2 Pokemon packs. I also had some ice cream and I got it for free because I put something in the fair. I also got my sister's free ice cream because she wasn't there and I'm her sibling. At the end of my mom's dairy bar shift, I got a third free ice cream cone because I had to wait all day to go home. I got a free hamburger at the 4-H food stand because I helped work there. My mom brought food. On that day, I think I spent my money well because I had four dollars left over and someone tipped me $1 at the 4-H food stand. I was throwing away garbage and washing trays.

My favorite parts of the fair were seeing my friends and the fireworks. My least favorite part of the fair was my co-worker at the 4-H food stand because he kept trying to annoy me. One time when he tried poking me, I caught his finger and bent it. From that point on, he stopped annoying me.

From my mom giving us $20 each day to spend, I learned that sometimes you can't just go on a free for all; you have to spend your money wisely.

The Roseau County Fair is a fun time to spend with your family, but also with your friends. So, enjoy spending time at the fair because it only comes once a year.

Bunnies in a Bowl - I wanted one.


Comments

Post a Comment