Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



In health care there’s ranks so care’s not delayed

The doctors are generals in the war upon pain

The nurses are sergeants who must be obeyed 

We patients, the troops, some saved and some slain



Geese mate for life

Until the other dies

Humans link for life

Until split up by lies



The more euphemisms are used for sex, the more ordinary language becomes too hot to handle. 



The day of my birth was my personal big bang

Ego splattered everywhere and is expanding yet



I now love the things I once thought were tacky

Time changes all with a coat of shellacky 



Multi-tasking is efficient only for the multi-brained. 



In the coming age when love rules the world, our age will be viewed with a shudder as being barely one step above our Roman teachers. 

But at least we no longer hang our criminals on a cross to die. 



I say to the atheist that he can’t prove God doesn’t exist, which leaves me open to endless whacky beliefs that I can’t disprove. That’s a risk I’ll take



The Golden Rule is a magic wand that could make all our wars go poof!



In youth I could dash here and there and catch myself in a stumble. But now I must take care. In this my 9th inning errors abound.*



* Actually the 8th inning is the most error prone with 2.09% of balls in play being errors. The ninth is next at 2.03%.



Happy Easter dear readers

Comments

Post a Comment