Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



AII: Artificially Inseminated Intelligence 



In regular features they say beauty lies

Though some men say pouts are a thriller

Beholders find beauty within their own eyes 

As do girls who love men like gorillas



Overstuffed as the couch we live on, we are the new Victorians. 



It’s encouraging that I keep on learning right to the end

Discouraging that I’m still getting Cs



The open road entices me 

I’m a pup when outward bound

All played out when I head for home

Dragging my tail on the ground 



We think that we decide where, when, and with who we go

That’s just graffiti on the big concrete wall

Its bacteria inside us and outside us too

Who are really running the show



Although I was a Major of English, I often misuse the Saxon’s genitive.  



I don't look at the weather forecast

If it's bad it depresses

If good, it disappoints

The ostrich and I only consult the weather when hitting the road



The cold of January feels permanent 

The cold of February feels provisional 

The cold of March feels fleeting

You fill in the rest



The counselor accompanies us to the secret room and stands by while we open our doom

It can be a while before we move on depending on the beast in that room. 

Comments

  1. In the Scrabble dictionary, AI is a three-toed sloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your traveling companion ain't going to like that moniker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squib form appears to have changed form from couplets to quatrains, although couplets persist.

    "As do girls who love men like gorillas" - Does this mean girls like men who look like gorillas or girls act like gorillas when they love them?

    Love the outward bound pup who must share the Outward Bound motto: There are lots of things you don't want to do, but once you have done them, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never assign you a C. Not a squibwriter as clever as thee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment