Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



Portions have gotten so big at restaurants,  I just order the house salad. Soon my fellow diners are passing me what they can’t eat. It hurts a bit when they call me doggie bag. 



The explainer's dilemma: Will more words clarify or muddify what I'm trying to say. 



Humility is the virtue that lets us see our faults clearly. Hope is the virtue that saves us from despairing over them. 



When you're afraid of mice, every little black thing looks like a turd.



The abnormal is what you haven't gotten used to. 



The strong woman puts varnish on her nails and removes it from her speech



Euripides wrote 92 plays. Nineteen survive.

Sophocles wrote over 120, with seven surviving. 

The poet Keats died at 25. 

Dear Jane was dead at 41.

I’m too busy reading to grieve what’s been lost or what might have been. 



A flashlight should shine brightly 

And tough must be its hide

Never should it roll away

When laid upon its side



Our bad parts must be vaporized by God.

Our remaining good parts will look like God.

That should not be a problem.

But some parts will kick and scream when the heat gets turned up. 

Comments

Post a Comment