Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



The morning person loves the return to Standard Time. The extra hour in the morning is gold. Sure it gets dark an hour earlier but when the day’s work is done the morning person is thinking of bed anyway. 



The poet sees his poems as 

His children and descendants 

The reader is the jury-judge

The poem, the defendant 



When someone brags up some certain thing

As though he’s its promoter appointed

My expectations grow unreasonably high

So skip it. Be not disappointed 




People love tracing their family tree, but why? If you could be transported back to say 1066 to meet your relatives, it would be…awkward.  

HwƦt,  how’s your Old English?



Taste and intelligence are completely unconnected, as is the desire for order. So a person’s character will be as random as a spin of the slot machine. 



The empire that killed Christians collapsed long ago, but its ruins have gotten into the water to the extent it’s hard now to know where to go or what to do to be a martyr. 



Being a martyr once meant something noble. Now it means bringing everyone around you down. 



My ego self asks

Did you see me today?

My deep self replies 

Get outta the way!



I am a broken up road  

Not in this life to be fixed. 

Let others walk on my good parts 

While the Lord smoothes my ditch. 



Love is doing what makes the other happy while saving dirty looks for off camera. 





Comments

  1. You've brought me back to Elementary School Religion classes and all the fabulous stories of the martyr saints. Sebastian, Agnes, Bernadette, Maria Goretti. These days, I worry that Democracy is at stake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment