Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs





The narrowness of the path to salvation is relative. It won’t accommodate a Cadillac or even a Civic, but it’s plenty wide for those on foot.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Some confusing things are not worth the trouble, my TV remote, say. 

But others demand my attention: taxes, yea,

Or death, hey. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


When my head gets too high in the clouds, the blood-stained earth calls out, “Where is your brother?”


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


My challenge day and night arises in this question: what important thing am I right now forgetting?


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


My faults are like the sea stirred up in a storm. Then to top it off, I’m called out of my little boat to walk on the waves. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


All binging leads to purging. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


The alcohol in dreams, even when available, has no effect. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


I’m ok with Judas and Hitler getting into Heaven. 

It improves my odds of getting into the place too. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


When hell is gentrified, the current residents 

will move in with their relatives upstairs.  


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Deli•quency (n.) failure to pay for your sandwiches. 


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Comments

  1. con•sequence: /kän 'sə-kwəns/ n., the pathway to incarceration should one be caught in the act of deli•quency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "demand attention" additions: birth, sickness, old age, and (repeat) death
    Actually, taxes don't HAVE to be in the list - just ask any corporate executive
    Do I detect a whiff of morality lessons this week?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment