Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for February 4, 2020 Hoover's Horsepower Edition

Hi there!  It is February 4, 2020.  I regret to inform you that this is my last post for a while.  I will not be writing a blog until next Tuesday.  It is just my way of being melodramatic.
There are several holidays and observances that happen on February 4.  The first one I will look at is "Thank your mailman day".  Of course this is probably considered to be a sexist holiday now...which could be easily remedied by changing the name to "Thank your mail person day" or "Thank your mail carrier day".  I am sure there is a gofundme or change.org to that end.  I actually celebrated this holiday.  I sent my mailman a card, but he said he never got it.  I suppose it got lost in the mail.
Today is also "Create a Vacuum Day".  I went to a party for this day last year but it really sucked.  Nothing really seemed to exist there.
How can you celebrate?
You can learn more about the science behind vacuum, a space completely empty of matter, and its practical uses.
You can also take out the vacuum cleaner from the closet and use it - you are due to clean your home anyway.
Did You Know…
…that the world’s first vacuum cleaner was invented in 1866 by Ives W. McGaffey in the United States?  This invention was not motorized and used a hand crank to operate a fan to generate suction.

February 4th is also "Stuffed Mushrooms Day".  You can read about this holiday here, as well as getting some great recipes.  Note, this day is not to be celebrated by those with loose morels.  I think we will celebrate with some portabellos.
So there you have it.  Three wonderful things to take your mind off your problems as you celebrate the fourth of February!

Comments

  1. I'm celebrating!! You energized my imagination this morning, I tell you, with
    "Note, this day is not to be celebrated by those with loose morels." Hooyah! Good one!

    You're quite gifted for a dual-citizen, of both Kansas and Minnesota. I'll bet Kansas was celebrating after their Super Bowl win, eh, and sending all those forty miners back to where they came from along Dirty Face Creek in Iowa! You've got a right to be proud of that! Yeah baby! Woo-woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There used to be a mail system under streets of Paris using a complex network of vacuum tubes.
    During the war, the Resistance sabotaged it by stuffing the tubes with mushrooms or champignons as they called them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment