Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



When people forward a funny video, I wish they could send along their sense of humor with it. 


Well-adjusted people are ok with the fact that some of their dearest friends are not going to respond to their texts, emails or TikTok videos in a timely manner, if ever. 


We pawns dash about shouting “What about this!” and “What about that!” while the rooks, the knights, the bishops, kings and queens stand in the back row, waiting for the real war to begin. 


I’ve learned not to re-watch movies I once loved. With age I notice their faults. My own as well. 


The equinox will make good in three months on the solstice’s promise today. 


We’re all born with a ration of vitriol. Some of us never get it under control. Others put it in a squirt gun. The saints seal it tightly in a flask. 


The huge baby boom when it came of age waited on itself. Trying to enjoy its retirement now, all it hears is “Get in line Boomer.”


I drink coffee in the morning until I start to detect subtle notes of cigar butt. 


Mozart makes you intelligent.

Shakespeare makes you wise. 


If education is, as they say, concentrated experience, then most students have evolved a zone-out strategy to avoid traumatic brain injury.

Comments

  1. JPSavage: "I’ve learned not to re-watch movies I once loved. With age I notice their faults. My own as well"? If not, please enlighten me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment