Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



College is denigrated for teaching all of the branches of knowledge, but none of the roots. That’s because we uncover the roots on the job. 


Is it better to go slowly to hell or to arrive abruptly? Slowly please. I need some time to look my best. 


The philosopher says we must accept the world as it is. His cleaning lady wisely does his house when he’s at the office. 


If a bee or a spider gets in the house, I’ll catch it and set it free outside. I’d do the same for flies and mosquitos if they would only come one or two per week. 


Because it’s a valid excuse to take the day off, the lazybones enjoys being sick. 


Don’t feel bad if you’re baffled by your phone. Even two tin cans and a string can be done wrong and you figured that out. 


The world is illogical and not entertaining, except for the fictions it contains, which must be  illogical if they are to be entertaining. 

With the advancing years I imagine the books of my library flying off to other people’s shelves. 


Maintaining perfection is hard. It’s much easier to let my genes take the blame for my peccadilloes. 


It used to annoy me when someone told me an interesting story but didn’t know important details. Now I realize that’s just how the world is. 

Comments

  1. Don’t feel bad if you’re baffled by your phone - I don't. I just don't acquire a phone that is smarter than I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment