Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for June 28, 2022 'Tis The Day

I have been waiting for today!  Just last night I hung up my insurance stocking, sharpened my awl, and got ready to email some of my enemies.  Ah, the anticipation.  I am just salivating.

June 28 is the time to do the following observances:

It is insurance awareness day.  I know that citizens across Roseau County will be twirling their rotary phone dials and excitedly making their neighbors aware of their current insurance coverage...but that isn't what this day is really about.  It is about making sure you have insurance...lots of it...because you never know when that next deer will jump in front of your Schwinn!  Find out about this and more at this link.  


Today is also International Body Piercing Day...because a celebration like this should not be limited to one little country!  From ears to eyelids...from belly buttons to tongues...who doesn't enjoy another piece of metal stuck through them.  This ancient holiday has been around since 2007 and promises to hold on as long as the average person is unafraid of infections.  So stick a needle through it and tell them to hold the disinfectant!  

Not for the faint of heart...and don't pierce your heart!

Finally the big one!  I MEAN, THE BIG ONE!  Today is the day you can celebrate the biannual event of INTERNATIONAL CAPLOCKS DAY!  This day originated as a parody by a man named Derek Arnold.  He didn't like how people would leave caplocks on for letters and emails, so he created a day to honor it.  I know, it sounds stupid to honor something we don't like, but JUST DEAL WITH IT!  

FIGURE IT OUT!

So celebrate away amigos.  You have earned it!  


Comments

  1. I should put this comment in caps but it would void my no-piercing policy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment