Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for October 26, 2021 I'm Back!

 What an adventure I have been on...

Okay, so maybe most people don't equivalate food poisoning and a trip to the Emergency Room an adventure.  There are so many different aspects of it.  Like the logistics of having violent diarrhea and vomiting at the same time.  Talk about your tough decisions!



Those two words are very hard to spell.  I always seem to make a mess out of diarrhea (no pun intended) while vomiting seems like it should have a double t in it.  Vomitting.  No wonder people switched over to saying puke.  

It is good to be back home though.  It was a rough road there for a couple of days.  I also owe Joe S. a thank you.  After Google changed their settings for my old email account he got me back in to the Wannaskan Almanac writer circle.  Without him doing that, you would never have gotten those first couple of paragraphs!  I am sure you will want to email him with your thank yous!

We had summer right up until a couple of days ago here in Dodge City.  Then we had fall.  Fall might only last a day or two.  Then we can jump into summer or winter.  It is the way of the western plains.  

You know it is fall when the temperatures fall

I think that the Wannaska area has a name for that too.  In the last month they have seen temperatures in the 90's and temperatures in the 30's.  That brief respite of warm temps is often called Indian Summer.  The Wannaskan Navy named their ship after that term.


You can learn more about the Wannaskan navy by reading their history here.  

It is good to be back.  God bless you all!


Comments

  1. Glad you're feeling betttter! Those aromattherapy salmonella infecttions really bitte. BTTW, have you every had tto shimmy the nodger? Itt's a research questtion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had known you were sick, I would have sent flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment