Skip to main content

Thursday May 27th, 2021

 

 

Vi and Guy

  Today May 27th is my dad's birthday, born in 1905, he would've been 116 years old. He was forty-six when I was born in 1951. Mom was 42. Dad and I weren't particularly close, owing to our vast age difference I think, but he was a good role model for me, as a person, husband, father, good neighbor, hard worker, public speaker, humorist, and grandfather. As to offering worldly guidance, he simply told me and my three older sisters, "Try to get along with people," in hope of a peaceable resolution to conflict; he never looked down on people different from himself, that I recall. He was compassionate; I remember him weeping at the sight of a photograph of a starving Ethopian child, in the Des Moines Register & Tribune.


Deaths


Comments

  1. You inherited the best features from each of your parent's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless the parents of WannaskaWriter. They did a good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment