Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for July 21, 2020 Mask of Worro...the Great Deliverer of Wannaska

Ugh...masks!  Everywhere I go I have to put on a mask. I go to the grocery store to get celery...I need a mask.  I got to Walmart to get Chinese beer...I need a mask.  I go to the bank to make an illegal withdrawal...I need a mask.  I disguise myself as batman...I need a mask.  Mask, mask, mask, mask, mask! 

They aren't any fun to wear.  Also, there is a huge debate about whether they actually serve a purpose or not.  I figure I will wear one anyway in case it does any good.  Plus many people actually talk to me now that my face is partially hidden.  I have a good face for radio.

Masks have been used for thousands of years.  The first masks were ceremonial in use.  Some of the first were from Africa, where they were believed to be able to help communicate with ancestral spirits. 
African mask used to contact Jason on Friday the 13

The word masquerade has its origins from the French word "mascarade" and the Italian word "maschera", however masquerades (an occasion where you wear masks) likely started in West Africa.  The Nigerian Yoruban masked comedy led to the development of the Italian Commedia dell' Arte.  These both led to the best in Canadian humor, the program "Just for Laughs". 

Here are some ways you can use the word mask while enjoying their necessity:
Every time someone offends you, tell them that their mask has slipped.
Never mask your hostility, only your face.
Go into a hardware store and make your own mask out of masking tape.
Make little tiny masks and stick them on maskitoes.
Enjoy some sun while wearing only a mask at your local swimming hole.
Put a mask on your combine and call it a Maskie Ferguson.
Enjoy some masked potatoes.
Even if you don't think it is doing any good, I salute you if you are wearing a mask.  Who knows?  It might help, and it is never wrong to help others!  God bless, and see you next week!

Comments

  1. Dear Mr. Hot Mask Expert,

    Please let me know the mask protocol and etiquette for masking in a nudist colony.

    Hodiernally,

    Woe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe as long as the mask is see through it is acceptable.

      Delete

  2. According to Science:
    #1 Cleanliness
    #2 Social distancing
    #3
    #4
    #5 Masks
    It may be mostly psychological, but psychology matters.
    Good post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment