Skip to main content

The Wannaskan Almanac for February 19, 2019

First of all, it is indeed an honor to be writing this on 2/19/2019.  I looked up some interesting events that marked February 19 in the year 219 A.D. and found that nothing of any significance happened on that date.  People were probably too busy celebrating the numerology of that day.
It is now five days past Valentine's Day.  This likely means that even the "Sorry I forgot Valentine's Day" cards are now marked down to half price at Walmart.  Hopefully you got something from that special someone...even if it was late.
February 19 is National Lashes Day.  This day celebrates the beauty of both natural and fake eyelashes.  Here are some real and fake ones for you to check out.


I know that you are probably eager to get some fake eyebrows of your own, so you can purchase some here.  Unfortunately, the fake eyelash store in Wannaska recently closed.  
February 19 is also National Chocolate Mint Day.  The very best chocolate mint, according to an expert from Kansas, is from a Canadian company.  The Laura Secord company is celebrating their 100th anniversary this year.  Their chocolate mints are simply divine!  You can order some here but you might have to get them shipped to a Canadian address.  It will be worth the hassle.  This photo should get your taste buds drooling!
If you have a chocolate mint variety that you prefer, send it and a 50 dollar sampling fee to the editors of the Wannaskan Almanac.  We will gladly give your our professional opinion.
Now to go completely off my normal tongue in cheek discussion about things, I want to go back a couple of weeks and look at the Super Bowl.  The Patriots, with quarterback Tom Brady, once again won the big game.  I won't waste time looking at the rampant "irregularities" that have seemed to go hand in hand with their recent successes (that might be deflating) but will segue into this thought...who is the greatest writer of all time?
My thirty seconds of research using my favorite search engine brought me to this site.  I looked through the list that they provided and thought I would put together my own.  Agree or disagree?  Comment below.
Religious:  Paul
Scientific:  Isaac Newton
Fiction:  C.S. Lewis
Wannaskan Almanac:  Oh man...they are all so great...I can't decide!





Comments

Post a Comment