Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for December 1, 2020

 I am slowly recovering from a rotten flu that I picked up over Thanksgiving Week.  In case you were wondering...extreme stomach issues and a wonderful meal do not go well together.  

Perhaps my stomach was worsened by the Washington Football Team playing the Dallas Cowboys.  Every time I see the Cowboys I feel righteous anger for all the actual cowboys who rode the range.  What a terrible slap in the face to them.

I learned one thing from Mad Magazine...people will let you have your point of view, as long as it is their view too.

The first tennis shoe, called the plimsoll, was a rubber-soled canvas shoe designed during the nineteenth century for playing croquet or tennis.  Not sure why they aren't called croquet shoes.

Humor should be funny.  Just saying disgusting stuff isn't comedy to me.  That is why I canceled my Sirrius XM account.  Their "comedy" channels were disgusting.  This, however, is good humor.  


One of the side effects of Covid is loss of taste.  This actually happened here this week.  We got tested for Covid on Wednesday.  On Saturday I asked for some ramen noodles.  They were tasteless.  Of course this stressed me out as I still hadn't received results from my test.  Then my wife tells me that she only put in part of the seasoning because she is worried about my salt intake.  Thanks for the care and the scare!

Anyway, I am going back to bed.  I am still just exhausted.  Peace to you all.


Comments

  1. Oh no! Get well soon!

    Thanks for the shoe fun fact. I wrote a croquet scene for my novel and this little gem fits nicely!

    ReplyDelete

  2. As a child my father taught me all about the Plimsoll line. This is a line painted around the hull of a ship. It’s illegal to load a ship to the point the Plimsoll line is under Also, the ship’s insurance would be voided.
    I just now looked up Plimsoll croquet shoes. There’s a colored line around some brands. If water goes above the line, your feet will get wet. This caused nautical people to think of the Plimsoll line.
    You can look up Samuel Plimsoll who’s at the bottom of all this on Wikipedia.
    Otherwise I could go on all day.
    Hope you’re feeling better. A hot cocoa might help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment