Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I think I’ll do this piece of cake unto myself, reserving half for the others.


If you get too good at keeping your fire going through the night, you’ll grow rusty at starting it anew in the morning.


Sincerity’s a syrup

Boiled from watery sap

Keep the heart fire burning

Let the world your sweetness  lap 


We are each other’s lifeboat

We do not live alone 

Made of love- whatever floats 

Let mine not be stone


Half the fun of travel is in the anticipation. 

The other half is showing your pics to your victims. 


Racism is the shame of the human race


Is portmanteau itself a portmanteau word?

How about suitcase


Funeral: When people you've never met 

gather and tell stories you've never heard 

about a person you thought you knew.


People visit us for my wife's beauty

They stay for my idiot's savantry


I feel uneasy seeing a safe in my motel room. 

Is the reception clerk also a bail bondsman? 

Could the complimentary breakfast be my last?

Comments

  1. At least we aren't inviting folks over for slide shows anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a funeral at Johnnie's, den eh? "David ... Smith?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's another version of the "golden rule" : Do unto others as they would have you do unto them. (JPS original) At least this way, one person has a chance of getting what they want.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment