Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



Any fool can appreciate the mountains. 

It takes a subtle eye to love the flatlands. 



Self-improvement project:

1. Clear away debris

2. Look for building material

3. Realize the debris is the building material



 One good thing about old age: when someone talks about something two, four, or six decades ago, I know just what they're talking about.



Procrastination is not bad when applied to suicide



Mushy love to some is

A delectable treat 

Gulp it down quick

Or it turns to concrete



man is in woman

he is in she

yes yes we can make

splendiferous we



The advantage to being an animal

And not plants stuck in a bed

We can be tumbleweeds

Before we are dead



For those born clumsy there’s no escape. If I put my coffee cup on the floor to avoid knocking it off the table, I’ll soon be kicking it across the room. 



Why is it that after the immigrant struggles across the border, his or her grandchildren become dogs in the manger?



The story of Philosophy is all about the good ship Mind tacking into a headwind towards a port uncharted, with reefs and rocks to port and starboard.

Comments

  1. Wow, quite the provocative collection here CJ, I had to look up what dog in the manger was all about. All in all, I think these are among the best I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with WW - splendiferous squibs that deserve a wider audience. C'mon CJ, where's the chapbook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father would particularly love your one on Philosophy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment