Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 

  I asked AI to write a squib. I have mixed the AI squib in with my own. Can you pick it out?


It’s as hard to get a grip  on a stranger as on a greased pig. Acquaintance rubs away the grease and makes the hand holds visible. 




Friendships are formed with both extroverts and introverts. The first hit you like the noonday sun. The second sneak in like the midnight moon. 




I've pretty much quit doing nasty things. I'm working now to quit saying nasty things. Nasty thoughts are forever, I think. 



When man let his reach exceed his grasp, the bungee was born.  



With too little money a person will do desperate things. Also with too much. 



Never settle for average. 



His face now is sharp and thin like an old crescent moon

Once round as a cream puff, his years ran too soon



How does a writer handle negative feedback?

A comedian will cut the offending parts. 

A tragedian will double down on them. 



Children revel in their flexibility 

Adults neglect to maintain it

Elders reach for the remote



Better or worse? What use to compare

Love everyone as far as you dare



I no longer beat myself up. I need all my strength to rectify the faults that make me worthy of a beating. 



Comments

  1. I hope you are going to donate your brain to the neuroplasticity people. How do you come up with these things? Introverts as the midnight moon. Nasty thoughts forever? The birth of the bungee! The double-downing tragedian might win first place this week. (Is that a word, Woe? Might be a new fav.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't known Joe (as he was called before his blog phase) as long as you and Jim, but this Squib business, as he assured me would happen after his retirement and thus be free to wildly contribute to THE RAVEN has yet literally shocked me as he spews these gems out from somewhere deep in his noggen as though warehoused there since birth, some endless supply of impressive drivel which knows no bounds, a Pandora's box from Jumanji in which creatures of his imagination leap life-sized from a wee box inside his 'ead and smack us without warning just for the fun of it. He sure isn't the Joe from all those years ago, eh. He can't turn it off.

      Delete
  2. What is a nasty thought? Aren’t they protected by the constitution’s Bill of rights if not the Ten Commandments?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment