Skip to main content

Sunday Squibs

 



Motel breakfast nook TV guide: Red state: Fox News. Blue state: MSNBC. 

Purple state: The Weather Channel. 



Let your red be red and your blue be blue. 

Your purple I will spew out. 



I need more perverseness wrung out of me. As it now stands, I would be bored with Paradise within two weeks. 



Spiritual athletes are in training not to wrestle with their demons but to outrun them.

 


To increase their humility, the priest and the nun ask God to give them a daily humiliation.  Married people need not bother God with such a request. 



For those who lack intuition, “intuitive” is a trigger word. 



A super long sentence can be a smart thing for a writer. 

A period might be an excuse for the reader to wander off. 



I’m sick of all this chatter about AI. Is ChatGPT going to wipe my butt when I’m old and feeble?



In the feminist Bible Eve had no intention of eating the apple, but Adam kept begging her to do it till she finally said, anything for a little peace around here. 



The truth is as complex as the Gordian knot. Slicing it in half with a sword was the first political sound bite.  

Comments

  1. Forget my list of 101 possible things to write about - With these squibs you've amassed untold numbers of compelling first lines - Can I steal a few? Regional culture, the spiritual and/or shadow sides of life, marriage, writing, feminism. . . You must've been particularly happy with the sound bite one. What did you say you eat for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oatmeal one day, bacon the next. Same as Alexander the Great.

      Delete
  2. Love the one about humility, god, and marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment