Skip to main content

Squibs




On our first Independence Day 90% of the people were farmers.  Today that figure is three percent. We stay in touch with our roots by growing gardens; gardens which provide about three percent of our annual needs.


I take my smart phone for granted, but should I mislay it, the old kid-lost-in-the-store parental panic seizes my heart.


We no longer mock our friends' spelling errors, because auto-correct has made fuels of us all at one time or another.


When I’m buying a new device, the young clerks smirk at my clueless questions. But they grew up with this stuff. For them it’s like flicking a switch to turn on the lights, while I’m more of a kerosene lantern kind of a guy. 


Humor is a form of self-defense. The king's jester is rarely beheaded.


Reaching for what's out of reach 

Leaves me full of spite.

Much better build a temple 

With my widow's mite.



Chairman Joe 


Happy Birthday America!!

Comments

  1. The king's jester is only beheaded once....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly undentify with the technology "fuels," and with the auto-correct demon. I don't know if experiences are Word's Wackiness, my Wisdom, or being Wizened. As I age, I need a dash of Wizardry to stay halfway intelligible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment