Skip to main content

Squibs

 



Before asking the young how much time they waste on social media, the elder should tally his own hours in front of the big screen Sony.

Unleash the rich so they can create more wealth. Which they'll share with the poor by keeping the price of lottery tickets low.

Some of us are eye candy. Most of us are heartier fare.

The master doesn't revel in his mastery. He's too busy flogging himself for falling short of perfection.

Poetry distills reality to its stony essence. Fiction turns it into Cocoa Puffs.

The pyramids were politics in stone back when pharaoh was god.


Chairman Joe

Comments

  1. Oh you wise one, you! You wrote the poetry squib just for me, I know. Thanks for being a true poetry aficionado. I'm curious about Kim's response.

    And about screen time. . . what about those of us who have no smartphone and who utilize the big screen no more than an hour each day. The second I'm doing my best to cut back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My critique is of hypocrisy, not of mindless entertainment.

      Delete

Post a Comment