Skip to main content

Squibs

 



My April Fool's Day resolution is to stop multi-tasking. I'll continue though to leave lots of half-done jobs around.

Etymology is fun, but be careful how deeply you dig. A word you thought you knew the meaning of, say yankee, may turn out to have been an aboriginal word for a resident of the Mississippi Delta.

If your handwriting is unreadable, slow down till it's legible, then speed up again till it almost isn't.

When the boss dictates some silly new rule, don't waste time whining. Get to work on the workaround.

Reality exists right in front of us. Our story telling facility hinders us from seeing it.

The cross I bear is myself. I can either deny it or be crucified on it.


Happy Easter dear readers.

Chairman Joe

Comments

  1. Yea, I did the word-I-thought-I-knew thing the other day - eponym instead of appellation.

    "Reality exists right in front of us. Our story telling facility hinders us from seeing it."
    We do love our self made narratives. A path I know well calls this obscurations.

    Thanks for the chuckles, except for the last - you may have slipped my way a bit.

    Happy Easter to you, too. May today's sun set gently on the resurrection of your sweet intentions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment