Skip to main content

Wannaskan Almanac for Tuesday, January 26, 2021 Thanks to Auto Connect

 Texting has led to a very unusual phenomena...the rise of auto correct fails.  We have all done it...whether it is on purpose or accidentally or the result of some sort of hypnosis...we have all sent that text that we realize wasn't quite right.  And...it is always a split second after we hit send that we realize our blunder.  The whole problem is that "smart" phones seem to think they know what we wanted to say.  They don't really care what we input.  They are out to show that they are smarter than we are.  Here are some examples I found:

Actual text from my wife...I wondered if I had crossed the line too many times



Special price for seals


This is why I only shop at Sears


So how do you really feel about my mental capabilities?


Poetry in motion...

Sometimes it almost looks like people are trying to make mistakes.  They say something and then follow it up with "stupid autocorrect".  This is usually after a misplaced innuendo or insult.  It is that awkward moment where you regret what you said and then come up with the autocorrect excuse.  Like the time I texted my boss and said, "I am quitting due to your gross incompetence."  When I realized that they were going to stop sending me a check if I quit working, I sent the following text.  "Sorry, stupid autocorrect.  I meant to say I am getting a true sense of your incomparable stupidity."
That quick thinking saved me from resigning.
The point of the whole thing...don't take responsibility for what happens on your phone.  If you don't like what you just sent just blame it on Otto Erect.  That weigh, you can just laugh and blame a soul-less computer chip.  

Comments

Post a Comment